Over
the several months, it seems the media has been focused more on Donald Trump
than any other candidate. At least every morning when I am watching
the Today show, or CBS this morning, or when I am scrolling my Facebook
feed, there is something about Donald Trump.
Now,
to give the man credit, he is honest about his opinions and is so far one of
the smarter business people in the world, he is even worth $4 billion. Now
comes the criticism. While Trump is honest about his views, he is
sometimes politically incorrect and just wants to cause uproar to divert the
attention to himself.
He has no real background in any of the topics/ areas a
presidential candidate needs or should have. Now granted most politicians
talk their way around the questions, but still give
creditable information. Trump however just ignores the question, talks
around it without giving any piece of relevant information, or just states it
was an unfair question.
For
example, after the August 6th inaugural Republican presidential debate, Trump
went off on a tangent stating: “The questions to me were not nice. I
didn’t think they were appropriate. I thought it was an unfair question. They
didn’t ask those questions of anybody else. So I thought it was an unfair
question.”
Another
example of how Trump talks his way around and out of a question is when CNN's
Jake Tapper asked him how he would handle ISIS, Trump responded, "we've
got to hit ISIS hard ... hit their source of wealth, which is the oil." Then
when Tapper tried to get specific details from Trump, he said, “I hate to say
specifically because ... I'd hate to give up all my information up front.”
Lately the media has been taking note of these aspects and characteristics of Trump's campaign. One reason they are taking note is largely due to his recent hosting of Saturday Night Live. The show had it's biggest ratings last night since 2012. This itself is one of the many prime examples of how Trump uses the media to his advantage. The public seem to like him for a few different reasons, one of which is he's not afraid to speak his mind, he's a different and unique type of presidential candidate. The media, however, should take what they have been reporting on, such as the topics covered in this post, and start researching more into Trump's views and plan's and start grilling him more on these subjects. If more of the media do so, then perhaps he may give some more insight and information.
No comments:
Post a Comment