1. Have you decided which public meeting you will attend between now and March 31?
I have decided on attending Huntington's City Council meetings between now and March 31, 2015.
2. Have you contacted the people on your beat, read stories about them and they work, and made considerable progress in gathering data to determine the subject of your final, in-depth article?
I have only made one contact with my current beat and read only two pieces of data, but upon reading the text book I came up with a few ideas for another beat and have asked permission to change my news beat in order to keep up to date on the information. I am awaiting a reply from my professor.
3. Will you design your report to answer the questions in the handout the professor gave you Monday?
My report will answer and follow the questions and guide from the handout and in the textbook that were covered on Monday, January 26.
4. How do you plan to avoid designing a routine feature story?
I plan on avoiding the design of a routine feature story by pulling together examples of investigative news stories similar to my beat/topic/research, by seeking advice and tips from professionals on writing an investigative story, and by posting updates on my research and beat as requested by my professor.
No comments:
Post a Comment